Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
- May 31, 2017 at 11:10 #2823
Stylemix ThemesMemberThere are 3 methods to update our WordPress themes to newer version. These new updates are essential if you want to have a bug free website as we give new features and improvements to the theme over time. Some of these updates might be needed in order to make the theme compatible with WordPress newer versions. There is no risk on losing your settings and pages. However if you have done modifications on core theme files, then they will be lost, so you should back up those files.After upgrading the theme, you can update extra plugins via Appearance -> Install Plugins (or Dashboard -> [your theme name] -> Plugins).
1. Update Through WordPress Admin Panel (Envato Extension)It’s possible to update the theme easily via Dashboard -> Updates, after activating the theme.There are two methods of activating the theme: TOKEN activation or entering correct API credentials via Customize -> Site Settings -> One Click Update (for themes with Redux Framework through Theme Options -> One Click Update):
- Envato Username – your ThemeForest (or Envato) username (i.e. Stylemixthemes).
- Envato API Key – secret API key you have on ThemeForest. You can create a new one under the Settings > API Keys section of your profile.
2. Update Through WordPress Admin Panel (using extra plugin)
- For this method you should first install Theme Upgrades Tool (http://wordpress.org/plugins/easy-theme-and-plugin-upgrades/)
- Unzip the file you just downloaded from ThemeForest and locate the WordPress Theme.
- Click on Appearance > Themes in your Dashboard. Still within the Themes section, on header tab, click on Add New, then on header second tab click Upload Theme.
- Click Browse… and locate the new theme file.
- In the Upgrade existing theme? Option choose Yes from the dropdown list.
- Click Install Now and Activate the theme.
3. Updating using a FTP software
Also, remember to clear your browser cache after each update if you notice anything off. Old theme files can persist in your local cache and make you think something’s wrong.
- Login into your Themeforest account and go to downloads (Dashboard > Downloads)
- Download the theme into your computer
- Install an FTP program (Filezilla is free) Retrieve your FTP login information from your hosting admin panel and login into your hosting via FTP
- Unzip the item main file and locate theme archive file and unzip it. Make sure your unzipping software do not create extra directory with the same name nested into each other.
- Drag and drop theme main folder into your FTP program with the destination : YOUR_HOSTING_ROOT/YOUR_SUBDIRECTORY/wp-content/themes/
- FTP program will give a warning that there is an existing with the same directory name, choose replace all.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
The forum ‘F.A.Q.’ is closed to new topics and replies.