Home Forums Motors – Car Dealer WordPress Theme Images not uploading

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Axel 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Rob

I’ve had multiple occurrences of users not being able to upload images from the front end add a car.
    Users go through the process with images well within the size limit and it simply doesn’t upload them. It adds the advert to the site but without the images.
    The images aren’t in the media library meaning they simply aren’t being uploaded.
    When I try to recreate this issue the images are uploading fine for me from the front end.

Can you please advise what may cause this with remote new users?

thanks
    Rob

Axel

Hi Rob,

Please try to increase Max Upload Size and Max Execution Time on your server. If it doesn’t solve the problem, then you can create a private ticket with your site credentials and we will check it for you.

Regards

Essam

Hello,

Rob can you please inform us how Stylemix solved this issue for you? (if it was solved)
    I am having the same problem..
    I tried increasing the max upload and the execution time, not still not working.

Also, Axel, in some cases, user will think page is not uploading, so he will click “Add Car” again, which will generate a new listing and causing the page to duplicate the car advertisement.
    is there anyway, we can deactivate the button after it is pressed? or hide it and show (for example “your request is under process”).

thank you,

Axel

Hi Essam,

Please create a private ticket and we will check this issue on your end. Also, it needs to include extra scripts and styles for including such option to Add Your Item button. You can offer such this kind of changes in our theme customization department.

Regards

Essam

Ok, thank you Axel.
    I’ll try to fix it. if not, i’ll come back to you.

regards,
    Essam,

Axel

You are welcome!

Rob

Hi Essam,

I still haven’t been able to fix the issue. I’m having the same problem as you. The user gets bored waiting then clicks the add car button again and multiple listings get created.

Have you fixed your issue? If so how?

It would be great to add a progress bar when uploading images, and also remove the “add car” button once clicked.

But even with both of those things I haven’t been able to fix the images simply not uploading. I have left one listing over an hour with no images being uploaded.

Thanks
    Rob

Axel

Hi Rob,

Please create a ticket with your site credentials and we will check this issue for you.

Regards

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.