Home Forums Consulting – Business WordPress Theme Header Information field stripping out code

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Baxter 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Chris

Hello,

First off, I would like to say thank you for such a great looking theme.

I’m having trouble with the Header Information field, it seems to be stripping out link tags. I am trying to put in links for the email address(mailto:) and phone(tel:) but it removes on the front end.

Please let me know if there is a simple fix or a way to get around it.

Thanks

Chris.

Baxter
    Keymaster

Hi,

It needs to change Header information section URLs in header.php file.

Regards

Chris

Thank you Baxter, You have pointed me in the right direction.

For anyone else having this issue. in the header.php file, there is a WordPress function wp_kses which was stripping the anchor tag which needs to be updated to allow it.

Patrick

Hello,

I am having the same problem. I am using header 4 and tried to do this -> doesn’t work. Could you help me on wich line i have to edit what?

Thanks!

Baxter
    Keymaster

Hi,

Please try to customize 152-173rd lines.

Regards

Chris

Hello Patrick,

I noticed the line number changes from version to version, here’s an example of what you need to do.

Open up header.php and look for:

<div class=”text”><?php echo wp_kses( nl2br( $header_phone ), array( ‘br’ => array(), ‘strong’ => array(), ‘span’ => array(‘data-scroll-to’ => array()) ) ); ?></div>

Update the line to:

<div class=”text”><?php echo wp_kses( nl2br( $header_phone ), array( ‘a’ => array(‘href’ => array()), ‘br’ => array(), ‘strong’ => array(), ‘span’ => array() ) ); ?></div>

Saved the updated header.php file in the child theme’s directory.

The example shown above is for $header_phone, but you will also need to do this for $header_hours and $header_address too if you want to allow links in those fields too.

Hope that helps.

Baxter
    Keymaster

Thank you))

Patrick

I tried this but it doesn’t work.

Baxter
    Keymaster

In this case please try to remove wp_kses() function at all.

Regards

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.